- Python 2.4
- python-gtk2 (2.8.6)
- gstreamer0.10, gstreamer0.10-plugins-good
- python-gst0.10 or python-gstreamer0.10
- python-gpod (for iPod support)
- gstreamer0.10-plugins-ugly (for MP3 support)
- gstreamer0.10-gnomevfs (for SHOUTcast support)
- python-gamin (for directory watching)
- sexy-python (to add a clear button to filters)
- python-gnome2-extras or some similarly-named package (for lyrics, better tray icon, etc.)
For 32bit Edgy install by typing:
sudo dpkg -i /path/to/exaile_XXX_i386.deb
- Unpack exaile_XXX.tar.gz to a temporary folder
- Open a terminal and change to the directory with the Exaile! source
- Type "make"
- If you run into any errors make sure you have all dependencies installed
- If everything goes well type: "sudo make install" (if you wan't to uninstall type "sudo make uninstall")
- Ready! To make sure everything's OK type in a terminal "exaile" and watch out for errors. If there are some: make sure all dependencies are installed...
- If Exaile" starts up - well done! You may further on start it over Gnome menu ("Applications -> Sound & Video -> Exaile!")
I like Exaile! a lot. It collects album covers, connects to last.fm, has all my music at hand and even draws the album-cover to the desktop!